Monday, November 19, 2007

Manila, Phillipines

So there's nothing like getting your ass whopped on for two straight days of ultimate. We didn't hve the same team as the one in Hong Kong, and when yours truly is one of the better offensive players, let's say we got issues. So i will have to work on my throws a lot to get better and contribute better. Phillipines just felt so much more comfortable than China, I was just a lot more relaxed and the language barrier isn't nearly as bad as China. even the taxi drivers speak pretty good english. It just felt nicer, I can't explain why. The airport is pretty annoying in Manila, it took an hour to get through checking, immigration, and security. Pudong inShanghai is a breeze and also you have to pay like 17 USD in airport service charges to get out of the Phillipines. airport restaurants are terribe too, but so is Pudong's.

the party wasn't nearly as good as Hong Kong's and the tourney was pretty freaking inefficient and the food at the tourney was very subpar compared to Hong Kong. Hong Kong was a better organized tourney but Phillipines was much bigger, the Ultimate scene in the Phillipines is much bigger.
Oh check this, drug trafficking is punishable by death in the Phillipines. holy cow. In china, if you are caught with drugs, you are kicked out of the country forever.

Well that's your weekend update. I didnt get back to my apartment until 2 in the morning, and gettig up work was a biatch. I got some good reading done because my computer was down the entire day. Now it's back and I'm off to tianjin tomorrow morning. Gonna miss 2 thanksgiving dinners...curses stupid tianjin and i might miss the semi finals of the fall league......sonofabitch. I hate work sometimes. ruining my personal plans like that.

No comments: